Railroad Forums 

• NYSW SD70M Official Thread (Please Read)

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1299845  by D.Carleton

I am all-too-familiar with the capabilities of Altoona. Even so, it still floors me that these three locomotives, used and abused, shunted around from shop to shop (including New Smyrna) for years, spend a few months in Altoona and are out (or close) on the road. There is absolutely no substitute for a good shop (and money).
 #1302521  by ladder2

Now that these 3 units are alive and flourishing on Norfolk Southern; shouldn't it be time to put this topic to bed on the NYSW? Only question I have is why did'nt the Susie Q ever attempt to repair these units themselves and put them back in service.
 #1302713  by scottychaos

ladder2 wrote:Now that these 3 units are alive and flourishing on Norfolk Southern; shouldn't it be time to put this topic to bed on the NYSW?
Well, they still exist! ;) so this thread can still exist..
I see no reason to lock the thread..the discussion on this thread will probably naturally fade away, which is fine..
but if anything exciting should happen to any of the units while they are with NS, (sold, wrecked, retired, etc.)
someone could post about it here, even if its years later..it would still relate to the NYSW since they were NYSW units, and future discussion
about them would certainty "belong" in this thread..
So I say just leave the thread alone, and let nature take its course..
Scot
 #1302832  by ANDY117

NS 2798 (NYSW 4052) is leading the NS 206 that arrived in Binghamton earlier. Going up the D&H to Mechanicville, should be back in a few days depending on if it goes to Ayer or not. That didn't take long to get to home rails.