Railroad Forums 

• HUGE SU-99/Q271 Combo... with CN Power!!!

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#40834  by rcbsd45

As information, tonights Q271/SU-99 should be a monstre! they added close to 70 freight AHEAD of 87 auto racks, making for one huge train! power(unless changed since this moring will be CN SD75I # 5717, CSXT CW40-8 7857, and LLPX SD38-2 2805.... I belive the 156/SU-100 should be in, so maybe thay can add an NYSW engine from that for this train....

#40845  by AmtrakFan

Maybe this is a sign that CN will the Q.

AmtrakFan

#40867  by nysw3636

CN had their chance to make a deal with NYS&W before the CSX/NS takeover of Conrail. They better add atleast two engines to that consist, because if Sparta Mountain don't stall it, Gulf Summit will. And as a side note to rcbsd45, the other day you were complaining about another contributor's spelling mishaps. Perhaps you should practice what you preach!!!!!!

ASD

#41000  by Lackawanna484

Q271's auto racks are empties, right? Even though it will be a huge train in length, it prob wouldn't weigh as much as a decent 40 car ore train

#41036  by trainfreak

The autoracks are empties but about half of the mixed freight were loaded contruction debris cars those i think are pretty heavy to haul.

#41075  by AmtrakFan

Looks like they will need another 3 Locomotives also That is longer than the 14K Ton BN Unit Coal Trains in Illinois.

AmtrakFan