Railroad Forums 

• unloading debris

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#518834  by 3shorts

Can someone tell me how the debris is unloaded from the cars.? I know how they are loaded but can't believe they unload the same way!
thanks in advance.

#518998  by ricebrianrice

I asked this question some time ago, and never got a firm answer. Here is the previous thread:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31628

From what I have seen lately most cars have doors that open on the ends, so they are probably dumped.

#519390  by GOLDEN-ARM

Depends on the final customer, for the fill. They can be dumped rotary style, or singled out, end door opened, and lifted up a ramp. Rotary is quickest, and easiest. Some cars are even emptied by an overhead bucket, either track mounted, or a track hoe, running across the tops of the cars. Rotary is most common, though. Regards