Railroad Forums 

• Train hits car in Oakland 2/7/08

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#501915  by Sid Farkus

Hi, does anyone out there know what happened in Oakland on 2/7? This is all I could find...
"Driver Slightly Injured Running into Freight Train"

Mods note: edited for content. feel free to post the link, but do not post articles from newspapers or magazines due to possible copyright "issues". Thanks

#502012  by SGLX1202

if you mean the one at Edison Rd. the car hit the train....ran into the lead truck of 3618 the leader. crossing signals were working.

3618 - 1
car - 0

#503293  by uhaul

The trucks aren't even the strong part of the locomotive and in spite of that the car still lost.

I never realized there was an issue with posting links to newspapers or magazines due to possible copyright issues. Is this something new?

#503460  by GOLDEN-ARM

uhaul wrote:The trucks aren't even the strong part of the locomotive....
Considering they carry the weight of the entire locomotive, transfer the extreme forces of traction, and dynamic braking, and transfer the vertical shock of joints, diamonds, etc., I would say they are probably right up there, with THE strongest part of the loco.........

You might try reading the rules, every once in a while. (these rules have been in effect, since at least March, 2004) Posted in the tops of all of the Forums I mod. Here's a link. See "Forum Rules, item "E" RULES