Railroad Forums 

• Leased CSX/NS units arrive... 1800 to be retired

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#521096  by uhaul

How are the leased units doing?

#521203  by washingtonsecondary

Well I haven't personally talked to them in a while, but last time I saw the units they seemed fine.

#521356  by RPD106

I actually had breakfast with some of the leased units the other day and they told me they really enjoy taking a stroll into the woods to work instead of working in the more urban areas of NJ. I will send your regards to them when I see them next.

#521372  by SecaucusJunction

My guess to what will happen is this... the lease units are the first step into the NYSW falling into shared assets. It will be a smoother transition as both railroads will have their own units already designated and running over the now "branch" line. NS and CSX will then probably close down the Butler-Sparta section of the track. East of Butler will be served from Oak Island/Croxton and from Sparta west will be served from Campbell Hall by H08. Anything west of Port Jervis will be served by an extended H07 or a local coming from Binghamton. CSX will use this line as a detour for its many calamities in NY state but probably use the quicker Moodna route to BT or run straight through Croxton. The Utica Branch will also become a bike trail. Syracuse to Binghamton will be used as another branch with NS serving from the South and CSX to the north... they may just split it down the middle or even sell it to a shortline with CSX retaining "detour" rights. Garbage will probably be shipped out on 33K/M9G and Q433, lengthening those trains. Other than that, it will probably not be as hard of a transition for the railroads as it will be for the railfans. The amount of traffic shipped over the NYSW could be split between the Lehigh and River Lines without anyone blinking an eye. Get your shots of Yellowjackets now because within a year or so, you may not be able to anymore!

#521383  by washingtonsecondary

SecaucusJunction wrote:STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..STUPID RAILFAN SPECULATION..
Corrected, because that's all I got out of that monolog. How did the Conrail MOW Hi-Railer on the NYS&W speculation work out for you last year, SJ? The sky was supposed to be falling then too.

#521390  by charlie6017

I think it's time to move on with more productive discussion........<CLICK>