Railroad Forums 

• Q271-09, SU-100, and other happenings.....

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#32948  by rcbsd45

Q271-09, in Little Ferry yard as of 12:30PM today, with CSXT 131(AC44CW) and CEFX 7090(SD40-2 in BN colors), with 117 cars. The SU 100 is enroute with 3012, 3016, HATX 514 and departed Binghamton at approx 0730. Should be an interesting late afternoon. The crew off the 156 will take the Q271 west, and the 100 crew SHOULD turn on the 99. The 2012 is OOS with a cracked head and should be gone for a short time, but back in service eventually. HATX 504, one of the ext Guilford, nee- B&M GP40's, is working the Southern Division and was spotted on the North Bergen Industrial the past couple of days. Also, CSX in North Bergen has 50 + cars for interchange to the NYS&W, with 40 of them arriving on Thursday alone! Stay tuned, as only so many sardines will fit in a can....

#33005  by trainfreak

I really like the NYSW when it is busy. The past two nights in a row i was able to catch the SU99/Q271. Ralph do you think that these detours will be daily? I know its looking like it will be now since im pretty sure there was to be no work done on the Riverline today. Well good chasing yall.