Railroad Forums 

• Photo ops between Tully and Syracuse

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#427367  by clearblock

You might check out Jamesville Beach Park.

It has been a few years since I have been there but it is public access with some open views of the tracks that may be good for photos.

#427454  by TB Diamond

Try the old Jamesville depot area near the former Alpha Cement plant. Been about a decade since I was there, however.

#427621  by lvrr325

You can follow the tracks pretty close all the way to Tully; lots of opportunities - stations in Tully, Apulia and Jamesville, about half a dozen grade crossings; and at least a couple places looking across fields from the road to the tracks. When they ran the steam trains I could get about 20 different shots in that stretch.

#429967  by Otto Vondrak

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try those locations next time I'm in the area... and there's a train running in daylight!

-otto-