Railroad Forums 

• Susquehanna Survivors, and all-time roster.

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#389583  by sallenparks

Scot love the list but I belive the 4088 is the NY&GL RS3 now isn't also you forgot the RS2 100 and there were four RS3's total 101-104 did I miss these maybe on your list.Also pre mention on the Alco yahoo group it was reported that 3666&3664 were out and about in Utica.

#389591  by traingeek8223

NY&GL was D&H 4085 not 4088. The 4088 was scrapped for parts in Ohio about 10 years ago. Too bad to because I believe it was servicable.

#390835  by scottychaos

sallenparks wrote:there were four RS3's total 101-104 did I miss these maybe on your list.
I have a NYSW 101 and 104 listed, with pictures,
But are you sure about 102 and 103?
im not saying you are wrong! :wink:
because I honestly dont know..
but I have never seen them listed on any rosters..
any photos of them anywhere? :P

while trying to google these units just now, I came across a Delaware Otsego roster:

http://www.ginosrailpage.com/DOS/dopowerassign.htm

There was a DO 102 and 103, both Alco RS3's..
but a DO unit isnt necessarily a NYSW unit..
could this be the source of the confusion about NYSW 101-104?
were 102 and 103 ever actually assigned to the NYSW?

thanks,
Scot

#390937  by sallenparks

Scotty I have both in 110 sorry I never saw them running.I took these pictures in Bingo maybe when they where retired Maroon&Gold paint like the 2002 had.But from what I understand they where Q engines given odd numbers because of steam generators if I wrong I'm wrong that's all right I just thought they counted I think there was a 105 as well painted pullman green I think Ex. Adirondack Scenic.

#390968  by RichM

I think there are photos in the Karlewicz and Hartley (sorry for botching the spelling) Susquehanna... I'm not sure if the odd numbers followed the even numbers-MU connections pattern.

#391182  by RichM

OK, the book classes these into the subsidiary companies of DO at the time.

102 was LASB 465, former RDG 465, acquired by DO 1976

103 assigned FJ&G, former Roberval & Saguenay 31, RDG 492

neither was yellow and black

Rich

hi

#395743  by thebigham

Thanks, Scot.