Railroad Forums 

• NYSW 3636 to the Windy City

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#276218  by NYSW13000

Just got news that NYSW 3636 is on a CSX train, headed for Chicago, IL. Anyone know why their doing this?

#276262  by Steve F45

supposedly for nysw using some csx power and having it longer then they should've. Kinda like, you took ours, we're taking yours.

csx 8514 i believe it is, has been on the nysw fuel track with a seized wheel.

#276507  by mainetrain

In Ridgefield Pk, NJ this AM, 3 big CSX GE's were parked just south/east of the turnpike in the Susquehannah yard, adjacent to the CSX auto rack tracks

#276537  by Steve F45

probably an out/in bound stack or piggy back train.

#276798  by High Iron Photography

oh man i hope that leads a train down the river line!

#276959  by Steve F45

High Iron Photography wrote:oh man i hope that leads a train down the river line!
Would be a nice pic in some spots.

#277659  by Railfan4Ever

NYSW 3636 is now headed to Buffalo, NY, possibly from New Castle, PA?

#279236  by scottychaos

3636 was Eastbound through Rochester, NY, on the CSX Chicago line,
7pm Tuesday August 8.
She was the trailing unit, front of unit pointing West.

Scot

#279246  by Steve F45

scottychaos wrote:3636 was Eastbound through Rochester, NY, on the CSX Chicago line,
7pm Tuesday August 8.

Scot
the chicago line, does that go thry syracuse? wondering if they've had enough of it.

#279315  by scottychaos

2005Vdub wrote:
scottychaos wrote:3636 was Eastbound through Rochester, NY, on the CSX Chicago line,
7pm Tuesday August 8.

Scot
the chicago line, does that go thry syracuse? wondering if they've had enough of it.
yep, it goes straight to Syracuse..
thats the old New York Central Mainline..
runs from Chicago, east through:
Toledo
Cleveland
Buffalo
Rochester
Syracuse
Albany
then down the hudson to New York City.

(well..CSX doesnt have the entire NYC to Chicago anymore..parts of the "Water Level Route" mainline are now NS..but you know what I mean..)
All of the New York Central mainline inside *New York State" is CSX today..

Scot

#279426  by RSD15

7pm Tuesday August 8.

Scot

train went south at syracuse should be in bingo by now.did not seem to be running.

#279551  by amoreho1

i just saw 3636 on a north bound csx train on the nysw syracuse branch

#279728  by Steve F45

amoreho1 wrote:i just saw 3636 on a north bound csx train on the nysw syracuse branch
probably running it on the q/su-403/404 from bingo to syracuse.

#282787  by sallenparks

Well Sunday she was in Bingo.Today she was again on CSX running East through Palmyra second time I saw her first time Lyons.Oooh 3636 I mean just so you know.