Railroad Forums 

• MY 19 YEAR REUNION, WITH NYSW 3620

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#226370  by GOLDEN-ARM

Had a real suprise last night, when I went on duty. My train, from Montgomery to Meridian had the usual three units, KCS power, but there was a suprise in store, for me. The NYSW 3620, lettered for MRL (365) was the one. I haven't seen, or run her, since 1987. Still wearing a full Suzy paint scheme, only the name was painted over, and number boards replaced. The 20 cylinder was still under the hood, and she is now owned by the KCS, so I should see her again. (with a little paint remover, she should say Susquehanna again) No longer throwing oil, she still had the intermittent ground relay problem, that vexed the boys in Binghamton, back "in the day". Was a real treat, to see, and run the old SD-45, from the "Class of '71" once again. The hand lettering was still present inside the cab, from almost 20 years ago! Will post some pix, once I get back to the scanner. Regards :-D

#226852  by NYSW13000

You lucky duck! Can't wait till those photos.
 #228103  by Bryanjones

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Had a real suprise last night, when I went on duty. My train, from Montgomery to Meridian had the usual three units, KCS power, but there was a suprise in store, for me. The NYSW 3620, lettered for MRL (365) was the one. I haven't seen, or run her, since 1987. Still wearing a full Suzy paint scheme, only the name was painted over, and number boards replaced. The 20 cylinder was still under the hood, and she is now owned by the KCS, so I should see her again. (with a little paint remover, she should say Susquehanna again) No longer throwing oil, she still had the intermittent ground relay problem, that vexed the boys in Binghamton, back "in the day". Was a real treat, to see, and run the old SD-45, from the "Class of '71" once again. The hand lettering was still present inside the cab, from almost 20 years ago! Will post some pix, once I get back to the scanner. Regards :-D
Nice story, however that unit is still owned by the Montana Rail Link.

Bryan Jones

#228401  by GOLDEN-ARM

Sorry to "bust your bubble", but the FRA Blue Card clearly states : Operated by:KCS Railway. Owned By: KCS Railway. If the Blue card says it, it's so. I read it, just to see, what HP rating was, and was suprised to see it was owned by KCS. Regards :P

Here is a pic, from my camera phone, until I get to a scanner:

#302215  by GOLDEN-ARM

^ ^ ^
|| || ||

PHOTOS ADDED

#302475  by trainfreak

Good stuff!