Railroad Forums 

• New Track Binghamton

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1445964  by ricebrianrice

NYSW crews are installing a new track from the yard by the baseball stadium, over the Robinson street bridge, through the Bevier Street Yard, and all the way to Old state Road.
Essentially double tracking from the yard to old state road.
They have completed the work from Old state Rd to Bevier street yard and are working their way up Montgomery Street, behind the Perdue Agribusiness Blending Plant.
They have a lot of trees and brush to clear still.

Brian
 #1446103  by pumpers

So is there new traffic or what is this for? NYSW usually doesn't like to spend $$$. Maybe they got a state grant?
 #1446234  by lvrr325

NYS&W enters the D&H to cross Bevier St. so anything north of there isn't related.

Satellite shows remains of a second track along Montgomery St. in pieces almost to Perdue Ag.
 #1453350  by JoeCollege

NYSW appears to have a very small scale intermodal operation on Montgomery St. Looks like small containers- short and squat, I guess is how I'd describe them (more of a casual railfan) but I see them stacked behind the old Stow Mfg concern and on flatbed trucks coming out of the area. Any idea what they're shipping? I thought I'd heard lumber but not sure. As an aside, the tracks along Eldridge street are going 24/7 with frack sand off load. Looks like things are booming in Bingo for Susie Q.