A few questions, based on memory and Google Street/Earth
1) McCain is still there - didn't they used to receive reefers, maybe back around the turn of the century?
2) I think there was a plastic firm that received pellets in covered hoppers, and IIRC (a big if), that's the building which is now a cosmetic firm ("Precious Cosmetics")
3) The building just north of the DMV (well, MVC) test site, now a 'Wholesale' Auto importer, was that US Ink? I recall a sign for awhile alerting motorists that the siding cross Gregg St was to be reactivated, but AFAIK that never happened (this might have been the building one block north, but I think its was where the importer is now.
4) Wasn't there a sizable chemical firm directly south of I-80 (now a empty lot), which provided a lot of traffic for the branch.
5) Why did they rebuild and reballast the branch a number of years back (could be a decade now).
While we're in the area, the branch that used to serve (I believe) the large Garden State Paper complex at Lanza & Jewell (south of the Parkway - the branch crossed Rt 46) seems fairly intact, although the Rt 46 crossing seems paved over. Since townhouses have been built on the complex, and the remaining buildings I think were of the nature of Storage facilities, has this branch been formally abandoned?