Railroad Forums 

• When does SU-99 and SU-100 pass through Warwick, NY?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1260731  by walterconklin

Hello,

Does anyone know which days and the general times when SU-99 and SU-100 usually pass through Warwick lately? I ask this question because I recently moved to Warwick, after having been away from Orange County for 13 years. I am not yet familiar with the days and the general times when trains usually pass through the village. Last Thursday at around 7 pm, I saw a train powered by about three or four Susquehanna locomotives going by the athletic fields of the Warwick Valley School District. I am also interested in learning when do the M&NJ trains usually go through Warwick and Chester.

Thank you in advance of your help.

Sincerely,
Walter Conklin
 #1263740  by walterconklin

Hello again,

I am somewhat surprised that no one could provide some general information as to when SU-99, SU-100, and the M&NJ trains usually pass through the Village of Warwick.

Well, I did catch what I assume was a CSX train detouring on the NYS&W with a consist of stacks going through Warwick at around 10 am this morning. The sight brought back old memories.

Sincerely,
Walter
 #1263758  by mainetrain

The SU 99 would be MWF 7pm heading westbound (compass NE towards Chester), give or take a few hours
The SU 100 is Monday, Wed, Fri early, AM 2am or so.

Things happen, and these times can be thrown out the window.

Typical power are 2, 3, or 4 of the SD60's, #3800, 3802, 3804, 3806, 3808, 3810

The Campbell hall local usually serves the area as needed. I've seen it hit Jones Chemical twice in one day, usually with East Penn GE as power.

Yes you caught 1 of the 2 CSX detour trains today.

Corrections welcome!!
 #1264027  by Snowmojoe

SU-100 is Tu-Th-Sa. It goes by my house in Wyckoff NJ around 3:00-3:15 AM.

I believe the SU-100 may have been on Sunday rather than Saturday this past weekend though, because a LONG train went by around that time Sunday morning. I wish I had seen it; it seemed like it took 15 minutes for it to go by. Cars were still passing by my house long after the sounds of the diesels had passed. The schedule gets moved around for holidays and such, so you'll occasionally get trains at odd times.