Railroad Forums 

• NS on the Keystone Corridor

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1059699  by askclifford

Hi
I am a newbie to fright railfanning, I do a lot of passenger though.
About 2:20 today I saw a Norfolk Southern with about 40 cars on it roll past Exton Station on the Keystone Corridor.
How often does this happen? I thought NS may do some freight runs during the night hours on this corridor but not during the day.

I also spotted a Norfolk Southern train with only a few cars of freight on it parked but still running on the row between the Former Worthington Steel and Frazer yard that parallels the KC.
I remember reading somewhere that this row was legally abandoned.
Can anyone provide me with a name or information on this row or train?

Thanks for all your help!
 #1060380  by Big Bri

I do believe the train you saw is the H83/H3A(if memory serves me on the symbols).
I think it's a Mon-Fri train ordered out of Abrams at 6am. Runs the Dale Sec to GLEN then out on Amtrak to Coatesville and down
the connection track to the old RDG W&N Branch. If you have a scanner listen in on 160.635 AAR 35/35 Amtrak HBG Line.
And 160.800 AAR 46/46 NS Mainline Disp.

Bri~
 #1073000  by BuddSilverliner269

As an Amtrak locomotive engineer, I'm interested in learning what the local train symbols are on the line. I'm guessing they are all based out of Dillersville yard in Lancaster? What I'm looking for are the locals symbols, times generally on duty, days and limits they run. Thanks everyone.