Railroad Forums 

• NS Robinson terminal

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #883781  by gprimr1

I saw a very interesting train pass through Alexandria today.

It went through Alexandria on the freight bypass so I suspect it could only have originated from Mirant Power plant or Robinson Terminal.

The composition was most unique.

End-Boxcar-Boxcar-Boxcar-Regular NS engine-NS Highnose Engine-Cabose-Front

I thought it was unbelievable to see a caboose leading a train. I"m furious I couldn't get a picture. I'm hoping what I saw isn't' as rare as I think it is.
 #884955  by PARailWiz

That is odd. I periodically see cabooses in the back of the train leading on a reverse move, but never recall seeing the caboose coupled in front of the locomotives and leading.
 #886441  by cobra30689

Sounds like P58.....they usually bounce between Manassas and Van Dorn with that 2 engine/caboose set.
 #887739  by gprimr1

What does P58 do? Does it serve Robinson Terminal or another place?

It had a high-nose engine and three box cars.
 #888244  by cobra30689

I think it does. I don't know where it originates from (Culpeper maybe?), but it switches Manassas yard and goes down to Alexandria. Every once in awhile I'll pass a cut of cars sitting on the Springfield runaround....could possibly be for the terminal....