Railroad Forums 

• Norfolk southern locomotive locations.

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #792417  by TREnecNYP

Post any notable sightings here!

I'll start off with a SD70M-2 in jersey city along the old PRR main to exchange place. Was on the tail end of a regular trash train. Dash 9 was on the other end.

- A
 #792515  by Kaback9

Why? The fleet is so vast. This seems like a pointless thread to me. Maybe if you kept track of certain units like the OLS Dash 9's or the Southern painted unit fine, but to try and keep track of NS locomotives other than you personally in your own log seems silly in my opinion.

Here is a locomotive location for you there were a bunch of Dash9's this morning in E-rail...see sounds dumb right?

If you want to keep tabs on blue units we have a thread over in the Conrail forum.
 #802289  by sjl

Gee, I thought TREnecNYP covered it with "...notable sightings...". Just my $0.02.

I think it is notable that I've seen several BNSF, UP and CSX units this week on the ex-Reading Lurgan Line, whereas a month or so ago it was essentially all NS black.
 #802848  by Kaback9

Thats called Foreign power last time I checked this was a thread for NORFOLK SOUTHERN LOCOMOTIVES...hence why I said maybe if you wanna keep track of the OLS D9's or SOU painted GP59. Those are notable but SD70M-2's or a plain jane D9, really.
 #803085  by TREnecNYP

There's one in the CSX forum, just thought we could have one here too. Last week i saw a pair of SD40-2's on the trash train, i have not seen 2 of those in a long time, the one on the point was moving the train, the 2nd one was cut out & idling. Was so strange to see the c-c on such a small loco. Will post the numbers if i have them tomorrow.

- A