Railroad Forums 

• NS Business Train on the way to MA?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #720009  by NellsChoo

Hi all

I was told that the NS business train may be up in MA next weekend. I have not seen anything to confirm this. The rumor is they will come up to inspect the soon-to-be-open Pan Am Southern auto unloading facility in Ayer.

Can anyone confirm this rumor? The possible date of it being up here is supposed to be Oct 4 or 5.

JD
 #720307  by diburning

It's not IF, but WHEN. And I heard that the purpose was for the executives to count how many trains are canned between Mechanicville and Ayer. :wink:

It was heard over the scanner chatter by work crews to "hurry up and get the job done before that buisness train comes through"

It is still unknown whether it will enter Pan Am property with those F-untis though. They may swap them for a pair of D9-40CWs.
 #720356  by NellsChoo

Interesting. Given yesterday's Boston Globe article about the new auto facility in Ayer, perhaps they need to hold a press conference or town meeting there to keep people at ease. Guilford isn't too good at that stuf...

I sure hope this trip won't be a "tear that down... tear that down..." trip.

JD
 #720945  by Anchorman

I heard around Oct. 7th, give or take a day. I was told the schedule but can't recall the exact details. As of last week though, it isn't a rumor. The F-units are scheduled to go up there on the new route unless things change.
Forgot to add - IIRC I was told that they will be swapping out power so the Pam Am can run their fancy units. No idea where.
 #721276  by NellsChoo

I suppose PanAm could do that at East Deerfield (MA) yard. Anywhere east would be a bit of a waste. I sure hope if they do use PanAm units, they don't break down during the trip! :P Even better would be if PanAm sent their business train down as well. We don't get to see anything like them often in MA...

JD
 #721838  by Kaback9

Well since they are rebuilds think 5600 series, as for when it will be by you I have no info on that just keep an eye to the track and an ear to the radio.
 #722307  by sjl

The business train went through Mt Holly Springs this morning towards Harrisburg. Four F units -- classy!

RLS
 #722315  by Kaback9

sjl wrote:The business train went through Mt Holly Springs this morning towards Harrisburg. Four F units -- classy!

RLS
Glad to hear that! wonder where the geeps went with their string of cars.