Railroad Forums 

• Ringling Bros. Circus Train

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #655127  by gg14800

The circus train is scheduled to play in Phila. this coming May. It is coming from conn. How will it arrive in phila. What trackage will it use. After Phila it is going to Trenton N.J. How will it get there?
 #655248  by Schuylkill Valley

I would tell you to keep your eye's on Trainorders.com, but they now made their sight for members only viewing. So I'm not sure what to tell you, I hope there might be some NS Employees who check out this forum that could leave us all know.

Len.
 #655280  by cr9615

They should take the CSX Trenton Sub to Philly (via Jersey). After that, I have no idea how they'll get to Trenton.
 #662103  by sd40-blue

The train is usually stored along the NEC near the old "Milham" Tower. The livestock and flats on the south (State St.) side while the passenger cars are on the north side.

-sd-
 #662837  by GooStats

sd40-blue,
I disagree.
I live in Levittown and I drive past Morrisville Yard every day to go to work.
For several years I have seen with my own eyes the circus train's passenger cars parked in Morrisville for the duration of their stay.
 #662867  by BuddSilverliner269

GooStats wrote:sd40-blue,
I disagree.
I live in Levittown and I drive past Morrisville Yard every day to go to work.
For several years I have seen with my own eyes the circus train's passenger cars parked in Morrisville for the duration of their stay.
Actually Goo, the last time the Circus was in the Trenton area , The circus train(I dont remember if it was the coaches or the Flats) were kept near the old Milham tower on what we call the Fairground tracks.I have seen this with my eyes once in this past year that I have been employed by Amtrak. Anytime before a year then I dont know where they were kept.Im going to guess that maybe with NJT's ongoing expansion of Morrisville yard, that maybe theres not much room in the freight portion of Morrisville Yard tp store the Circus train
 #725447  by Jim in S.E. Pa.

Hi guys,
I see this is a cold thread, but I just stumbled upon it and thought i would just add this little bit of info.

I also live in Levittown, Pa. I worked for a company in Hamilton, NJ that is located on E. State st right across from the Fairgrounds sidings. In 2000, and 2001 the train was sided at that location. I too had to drive past the Morrisville yard
to get to work, and have never seen the train in there in that 2 yr period. Prior to 2k and after 01, I have no idea
where they were kept. I do know that they came up the NEC from Phila, as I witnessed this first hand two years in a row.
The local paper even made a big deal out of it one year. They printed a photo of the train passing they're building in Tulleytown,Pa just north of the Levittown septa station on Rt-13, on its way to Trenton.
And BudSL, your right about Morris yard. Open space is at a premium in there. With NS intermodal at the west end, and NJT at east end, That leaves only the center (old B yard I think), and that is used for the varoius industrial customers. There is allways a mixed bag of concists scattered about in there.

Jim