Railroad Forums 

• SD9M's

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #2362  by MR77100

Where does NS base their SD9M's?
 #2731  by NsNscalerailfaN

A lot of major yards- almost never wandering out....Chattanooga , Tn......Bellvue, Oh....... Inman Yard down in Atlanta...Sheffield Yard in Muscle Shows, Alabama....Luther Yard in St. Louis......On railpictures.net there is evidence of one going from Memphis to Chattanooga- where I presume they are all based.....

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=34441

I was thinking of buying one in N, but then I noticed they would never come in my area as the farthest north they go is Bellvue- they would take the line through Cincinnati for servicing in the Chatt............

#2743  by metman499

They do come up your way every once in a while. A friend of mine works for NS and one did go through Allentown in the last few months (probably going to Enola). You could put it in a consist as a dummy. As far as switching goes I've never heard of one out this far.
 #2989  by NsNscalerailfaN

The only ones though in my N scale are made by Atlas- $60 bucks a pop at a selct few locations. One probably wouldn't hurt, but considering I don't have any SD40-2 in NS or SD60 (excluding X-CR for both) I think I'll pass on this one.... Thanks though, I've never seen em in these parts. They tend to stick to hump yards I guess....