Railroad Forums 

• C40-9 questions

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #510626  by NS D9-40C

Hey guys,I'm new here and this is my first post.I have a question regarding the NS Standard Cab Dash 9s or the C40-9s.

I kind of just thought for a while that,since the C40-9 is a standard cab model,is there any toilet available and if there is any,where is it located?

Secondly,does anyone know why NS chose the standard cabs instead of the widecabs for its first Dash 9 series run?

Thank you. :-D

#510628  by Rockin' Roller

The toilet is in the nose.
 #510630  by NS D9-40C

Rockin' Roller wrote:The toilet is in the nose.
Hey thanks,I didnt know for sure before this that it was in the nose though I've thought about it.. :-D

#511099  by uhaul

Norfolk Southern was a hold out on the wide-nose because, at first, it cost more than the regular nose. Eventually the price gap between the two closed and that is when Norfolk Southern began to order wide-nosed Dash 9s.
 #511589  by gp80mac

NS D9-40C wrote:
Secondly,does anyone know why NS chose the standard cabs instead of the widecabs for its first Dash 9 series run?

Thank you. :-D
Because profit trumps safety every time....