• NS OCS Special - June 23-25

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.

by Off Pending

washingtonsecondary wrote:Starting to look more and more like a rumor. I haven't seen any of the chatter that lead up to the last OCS.
You must have missed my cryptic message from the last time the train ran, when I mentioned that "I'll do the same if it runs NJ to Chicago two more times this year." :-)

BNSF officials are supposedly going to be joining the brass hats for this trip.

UP will allegedly get their chance to be guests at a later time.

by Jayjay1213

Past Wyomissing Jct at 320am

by jgallaway81

Sounds like it was making good time... I left Altoona early yesterday, missing the outbound, and will miss the inbound on monday as well due to my LET schedule.

by unloco1988

Correction....UP this trip, BNSF in the fall....
Train is scheduled to leave Croxton in the 8 o'clock hour....
Be safe, don't be stupid...get good pictures....

by Tadman

It'd be neat if an event happened in St. Louis or Chicago one of these days and all the big roads sent their OCS train in - it would be an impressive gathering of covered wagons and streamlined cars. I don't think there's ever been a big OCS gathering.

by washingtonsecondary

unloco1988 wrote:Correction....UP this trip, BNSF in the fall....
What's up with the competitor hitching a ride?

by Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

washingtonsecondary wrote:What's up with the competitor hitching a ride?
Hardly, its business. Sure they are 'competitors' because they obviously want higher profits than the other guy, but you still need to work together. Goods from NY to LA need to travel over at least two railroads, correct? I wish I actually had inside info to know what discussions were going on.

by washingtonsecondary

Yeah true, true..

by Rockin' Roller

I was told that this train will be in Williamson, W.V., on or about the 19th.
Not sure how accurate this info is.

by Wanderer

unloco1988 wrote:Correction....UP this trip, BNSF in the fall....
It was a three pack of cooperating partners on the train actually...

Jim Young, UP CEO
Matt Rose, BNSF CEO
Andrew Reardon, Newly Appointed CEO of TTX Corp.

I would have paid to see the inside of the Buena Vista with Rose & Young sitting across from each other. It's no secret they hate each other with a passion.

by jgallaway81

Armed NS police in full battle fatigues with automatic rifles and a sign on the wall: "No one leaves till we settle this"

by lakeshoredave

I've seen a lot of photos of the NS Business Train, and its looks a lot better than CR's did. If you think that BNSF, UP, CN, or CP officials have not been on this train, then you have no common sense. I bet these officials are scoping out the major NS yards, the local industries, how the dispatchers handles the mainline, and how the current NS system would blend into their railroad so IF that transcontinental railroad becomes a reality one day.

Lakeshore out

by Rockin' Roller

Was told today that it will be in Williamson, W.V. on Friday the 20th.
  by unloco1988

Heard through the grapevine.....Deadhead move east from Altoona to Croxton Friday the 14th, leaving Altoona late in the evening....
To be ready for a westbound run Monday the 17th, early morning departure.....ABA plus 6 cars.....

Be safe....out there.....