Railroad Forums 

• Air Products to ship another giant gas chiller

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #12568  by Schuylkill Valley

Hi all,
This is from the Pottstown Mercury newspaper .

One of the state`s biggest exports - in sheer bulk - rolls down the rails of eastern Pennsylvania this week to a Delaware River port, where it will be shipped overseas for a role in easing the nation`s natural gas shortage.
The Huge Cargo, which looks like a rocket more then hafe of a football field , is the latest liquid natural gas heat exchanger to leave Air Products Co.`s cryogenic equipment plant in Wilkses-Barre,Pa.
The 180-foot-long, 15-foot diameter cylinder made of Aluminum tubing and valves engineered into super efficient refrigeration circuits.

Len.

#12682  by metman499

Len, any idea on when this move would be made? Also where in Wilkes-Barre would it be shipped from. If possible I would like to try and catch it by the old CNJ station. Thanks

#12990  by Schuylkill Valley

Hi 499,
I really don`t know when it will be shiped . But if its coming from Wilks- barre , theres a good chance R&N would be moving it down to Lehgihton ,for N&S to get it to take it the rest of the way .

Call R&N up , 610-526-2102

That`s all I can tell you ,

Len.

#13243  by metman499

Well, I missed it. My friend told me it left Lehighton today on NS bound for Manville,