Railroad Forums 

• Taylor Yard

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #140458  by ANDY117

Whereabouts in scranton is Taylor yard? How far from steamtown, and what lines does it serve? I know it doesn't use the tier, but what are the local lines?

#140460  by metman499

It's just outside of Scrantion, ironically enough in Taylor. Continue down Lackawanna Ave in Scranton past the Steamtown entrance and the old CNJ freight station. This will come to a T intersection at the top of the hill. Turn left onto Main Street. The yard is maybe two miles on the left. The turn in is not easily spotted from this direction. There is a white building and what appears as a beat up dirt road. If you pass it just turn around and there are big CP and NS signs.

#144197  by ns2110

Is it a friendly yard or shall I just leave this as one of those places I'll not visit?

#144207  by Noel Weaver

No yard today is friendly if you go on railroad property.
Noel Weaver

#144225  by charlie6017

Just try to scope out public areas where you can get a good shot or two. Then get in your car and watch, maybe get something to read. That way you won't draw attention. That's what I do.

#144280  by metman499

As long as you don't cross the tracks and observe the no tresspassing signs I've never had any problems there. Oftentimes you will see a group of fans there on a nice day. I've never seen a CP cop in the yard itself but have seen a CP cruiser parked by an office that is along Main St. So long as you don't do anything stupid no one ought to bother you.