Railroad Forums 

• Lime Train

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1064161  by CPF363

Last evening, a lime train came up the Worcester Line from the P&W. It had a lease SD60 GATX unit leading a P&W unit and some 30 or so cars. Does anyone know where its destination is/was?
 #1081313  by BostonUrbEx

It was carrying limes, the fruit? Or it was painted a lime green color?
 #1081317  by MEC407

#1081638  by BostonUrbEx

Ah, limestone! Now that makes more sense!!! LOL. I couldn't really imagine either of my ideas actually happening. :P
 #1081639  by MEC407

Limes ARE delicious, though. :wink:
 #1081672  by obienick

BostonUrbEx wrote:Ah, limestone! Now that makes more sense!!! LOL. I couldn't really imagine either of my ideas actually happening. :P
"Lime" would not be limestone. Lime is the name for the oxide of calcium, CaO.
 #1081678  by jaymac

There's a thread on the CSX forum about the Tropicana trains, so mebbe we can follow fruit -- sorry, suit -- about the lime trains?
 #1081745  by bwparker1

obienick wrote:
BostonUrbEx wrote:Ah, limestone! Now that makes more sense!!! LOL. I couldn't really imagine either of my ideas actually happening. :P
"Lime" would not be limestone. Lime is the name for the oxide of calcium, CaO.
To this point, Lime is usually in a powdered form at this point, in either hoppers or possibly bagged/palletized in a box car.
 #1081936  by Rbts Stn

jaymac wrote:There's a thread on the CSX forum about the Tropicana trains, so mebbe we can follow fruit -- sorry, suit -- about the lime trains?
Dammit, you stole my joke.

I do recall the girl in my chemistry class who asked the teacher why we kept learning about lime, but never lemon.
 #1082026  by jaymac

Rbts Stn-
Sorry: Impulse control isn't one of my skills.
Did the Chem teacher say he had taken the lemon pledge?
 #1082065  by Ale Rider1

Limes ARE delicious, though. :wink:

Particularly when sliced up and bobbing in a glass of Ice, Gin and Tonic Water.......
 #1082145  by MEC407

Hear, hear! :wink:
 #1082251  by Red Wing

The Lemons are pulling the trains.
 #1085868  by MBTA1016

Red Wing wrote:The Lemons are pulling the trains.
Good one red wing :) railroads do have lemons( not the fruit)for locos.