Railroad Forums 

• EB Rail Train, 04-25-2012

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1041422  by necr3849

As of yesterday, the 28th, the welded rail train had been received by MMA and was sitting in back of LMS in the Lower Yard in Hermon, ME. Its destination is Quebec, and supposedly for MMA property itself.
 #1041476  by CN9634

Well this is interesting but can possibly be explained by a *RUMOR* that CP is investing into the MMA for upgrades in regards to the Crudge shipments across the Moosehead. However, that is neither here nor there as the destination of the job has not yet be confirmed. Perhaps this topic should migrate to the MMA forum?
 #1042318  by CPF363

Did this train come from New Haven? Is it at Barber or down at CSX or P&W's yard? Anyone have any thoughts were this one might be going?
 #1042341  by boatsmate

Came up from NH Via P&W heard chatter about an extra from NH over the weekend. heard there was a Pan AM engine on the P&W
 #1042609  by roberttosh

CN9634 wrote:There is another rail train in Worcester that will be heading up PAR rails. Destination unknown.
Are you sure that second train was going to Pan Am? CSXT ran a welded rail train over the B&A to Selkirk a couple days ago and I believe they picked it up at Worcester. Will try to find out where it was headed, but doubtful it was going to Pan Am. Of course, this could have been a third train, while the second went to Pan Am?? I'll find out.
 #1043376  by necr3849

An empty rail train off MMA sat in Pan Am's side of Northern Maine Junction yesterday. By car numbers, it looked to be the same one that went up loaded the week before.