Railroad Forums 

• MEC SW-1 007

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#922376  by BR4

Actually, it is a logical move by PAR. Waterville shops is a highly visible place to vendors and customers.
It would stand to reason that they would want to make a good showing of something assigned there
permanently.
 #922404  by MEC407

And yet there have been other pieces of equipment and rolling stock that have languished in Waterville for decades without seeing a drop of new paint.

So, I repeat, you just never know!
 #927839  by KSmitty

GP40MC1118 wrote:Sold to LTE, a dealer in Ohio. Should be lettered LTEX 31...The freight should be WAAY...

D
So they bought it only to sell it? I thought they wanted it for parts?

31 must have been the one that didn't just get repainted?
 #928061  by jaymac

Didn't get to see the 05-02-2011 WAAY myself, but according to some who did, the 31 didn't come into Ayer.
 #928160  by bmcdr

According to the "Guilford Rail Sightings" on Yahoo, the 31 is still in Lowell on the #1 Turnout in front of the old tower.
 #928704  by MEC407

KSmitty wrote:So they bought it only to sell it? I thought they wanted it for parts?
This is just speculation, but perhaps they removed all the parts that they deemed useful/usable, and are selling the remainder to LTE. It could be hollow inside at this point for all we know.

LTE seems to be pretty fond of EMD end-cab switchers. They've got quite the collection.
 #928765  by KSmitty

MEC407 wrote:LTE seems to be pretty fond of EMD end-cab switchers. They've got quite the collection.
Including GRS's prior "last 2" switchers.
 #998151  by MEC407

It's been several months; just wondering if anyone knows what number and reporting marks they ended up giving to the SW-1.