Railroad Forums 

• DO-1

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#889234  by MECFAN

My buddy saw DO-1 coming under Rte-33 into Portsmouth tonight with 2 cars at 16:30ish. The 3 loads were still sitting on the High Liner spur this afternoon, maybe they will switch them them out.
 #891932  by MECFAN

DO-1 (307) sitting in Portsmouth yard tonight 19:00 hrs, with 2 reefers 1 centerbeam and 2 boxcars, appears crew is off duty. Swung by High Liner and fresh tracks into the plant so the 2 reefers in the train must be empties they pulled on the way in. The 4 empties (2 reefers, 2 centerbeams) from last weeks DO-1 are still sitting up on the Boise spur. They came in last week and switched out High Liner and Boise just before the storm. They left the empties there and the engine in the yard for a couple of days after the storm, then light engined to Rockingham. So they should be working Portsmouth tomorrow.
 #892125  by bwparker1

What is Highliner getting in these boxcars, are they receiving loads of Frozen Fish for packaging?

BWP
 #892220  by QB 52.32

Yes it's (frozen) fish, probably a cheaper source from the north Pacific used to mix with Atlantic-sourced fish to make processed fish sticks, fish fillets, etc. and part of a long-term on-going flow into New England for this purpose.
 #892364  by roberttosh

I think it's pacific pollock which is a lot cheaper than Cod and much tastier than the east coast variety.
 #892481  by bwparker1

Thanks Tosh and QB!
 #901410  by MECFAN

I hear through the grapevine DO-1 has gone into Portsmouth late today after 2 week or so hiatus. I'll check it out tomorrow if I have time.
 #901629  by MECFAN

Just missed DO-1 departing Portsmouth light engine to Rockingham. They must have gone up to Newington late yestarday and shoved the one loaded centerbeam up to Boise as the car was sitting up there. So I caught them going through Greenland and went to Rockingham. They spent some time putting there train together from the two cuts of cars that have been sitting there for some time. I had to leave so I think they will be back into Portsmouth later today, we'll see.
DO-1 westbound to Rockingham.
http://www.n-scaler.com/gallery/albums/ ... re_127.jpg

http://www.n-scaler.com/gallery/albums/ ... re_129.jpg
Last edited by MECFAN on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #901661  by MECFAN

Heard DO-1 blowing for crossings in Greenland around 14:30 so they are headed back in to Portsmouth. From what I could see when I was at Rock earlier it looked like centerbeams and boxes for Boise and 2 tankcars.
 #909084  by MECFAN

Found DO-1 canned at the switch to High Liner this morning. 1 covered hopper, 2 reefers and 1 tank car, I believe they switched out High Liner when ever they came in as the rails to the building were shined up and the car that was sitting outside is now gone. Forgot the engine number but she's still in gray, not sure when they will be back on duty.

Edit
DO-1 332 went on duty around 12:00 hours caught them leaving the High Liner switch at 12:30 headed to Newington. They pulled one empty centerbeam and one box out of Boise and then headed up to Tyco and Sprauge to spot the covered hopper and tank car.
 #911290  by MECFAN

DO-1 332 departed Portsmouth for Rockingham at 12:30 hours with 1 empty boxcar, 1 tank car and 2 empty scrap hoppers from the port dock (GDJX 6801 / 6806) These two have been there for about three months and were just unloaded sometime in the last week, guessing they are bound for Grimmels??? If anybody spots these heading to Brunswick please post it. Not sure when they came into town and what they brought with them.

Edit
Buddy Jon caught DO-1 at Rock around 15:30 waiting for 686 to pass west. They left Rock for Dover around 16:00 with 3 more gas cars added into the train.
 #917099  by MECFAN

DO-1 354 across Rte-33 heading back to Rockingham at 17:25 hours with two empty reefers from High Liner. They came in Tuesday around 17:00 hours with five reefers for High Liner and one covered hopper for Tyco.

Edit

Four fish cars sitting on the High Liner spur today 4/1/11
 #940055  by jlarose

Not sure of symbol or power, sorry, but I know MEC 3xx was on the Portsmouth branch this afternoon around 1600 over the Bartlett St. overpass. It pulled past the overpass and was stopped there, short of the Portsmouth yard for some time.
 #940108  by roberttosh

Are these cars still getting routed through Rigby?
 #1103353  by mr. mick

I have recently noticed empty(?) tank cars stored in Dover Yard; anyone know what product and where they come from/go to? Sometimes there are only three or four, this AM there were about a dozen or so, located at the TT south end of the yard.