Railroad Forums 

• Connecticut River Line (Pan Am)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1431680  by BenH

Arlington wrote:That linked page is quirky: photos at top run recent-to-old but paragraphs at bottom run oldest-to-new:
The "quirkiness" on the linked web page has been resolved. Everything now runs oldest-to-newest. Updated images have been posted too.
https://trainsinthevalley.org/northampton-underpass/
 #1432227  by Arlington

Update (with photos) from Northampton:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2310751055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shows completed box tunnel with rail above and new one being built (rebar for its bottom)
 #1434797  by BostonUrbEx

That pile has been there for so long and it was massive. I don't understand why the went through the effort (namely $$$) of making the massive pile, and then never came to collect for Permatreat. Probably just burned off a year supply for Permatreat.
 #1435130  by toddinmass

The tie fire didn't burn all the ties, We kept it to about a 300' long pile after we cut a fire break into it. the entire pile is at least 1500-2000' long
 #1435490  by newpylong

New rail dropped Greenfield to South Deerfield. that can only mean one thing, double track...
 #1435514  by johnpbarlow

Yep, for how many daily trains - 2 Vermonters across the Deerfield River bridge to CPF-385 and Vermonters + EDPL/PLED + locals south of the the bridge? Doesn't sound to me like the best investment of taxpayer $ via MassDOT...
 #1435517  by BostonUrbEx

It is only 2 passenger trains a day if you completely ignore the state's other ideas for the corridor, including Springfield-Greenfield service for one.
 #1435518  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Is that really for DT, or just some remaining legacy rail that wasn't replaced a couple years ago and is getting a finish-up now? I haven't seen any Conn River line items for this fiscal year on the CIP except for the Northampton ped tunnel and various deferred closeout costs for work already performed during the big upgrades of 2-3 years ago.

MassDOT's been dropping an asston of CWR all over the state this year, including for replacements that aren't scheduled to start for at least another 2 years. Bulk prices for ribbon must be really good right now the way they've been blitzing these mass drops all spring.
 #1435521  by newpylong

I wouldn't have mentioned that it can only be for double track if there was remaining old rail to be replaced there.