Railroad Forums 

• Millers Falls interchange yard

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1028597  by jaymac

The pickings on the interchange track on 03-19-2012 at 0915 were on the slender side. A box and a covered hopper were ups toward the PAR turnout, and on the other side of the grade crossing, one long and one short covered hoppers were the occupants. The was some evidence of trackwork, mebbe NECR, mebbe contractor.
 #1028950  by KEN PATRICK

do you think cn read my posts and decided to stay with the Massena gateway now that maersk is calling the shots? i still can't believe anyone ran a business train thru connecticut to get to worcester and called it a 'new gateway'. it would be like watching grass grow. ken patrick
 #1033309  by NYNE

jaymac wrote:NECR-Conductor_
Sincere best of luck. A Framingham, MA, non-rr company I worked for was owned by a group in San Antonio, and the gallows humor at our place was the following Q&A: "How does a Texan start a small business?" "He buys a big one."
Jaymac, I just saw this. I had forgot all about that piece of wisdom. Ah the good old days. This of course was the same company that said it got darker earlier in Framingham than it did in the rest of eastern Massachusetts.
 #1033318  by jaymac

It did get darker earlier: Management started turning off the lights while people were still there.
 #1034147  by jaymac

On 04-05-2012 at 0930, there were approximately a half-dozen cars on the PAS end of the track. If there was any NECR trackwork going on, it wasn't close enough for any private or company vehicles to be parked there.
 #1035611  by KEN PATRICK

theres an necr photo that shows the cn/necr/pw 'inspection' train for the 'new gateway' on the Willimantic branch. the track made me think that all on board had a bad case of motion sickness. Why would any railraod marketing person agree to such a trip? as i stated earlier, this was an illusion to gain pricing concessions from csxt. A transparent bluff. ken patrick
 #1035889  by Jedijk88

the average marketing person couldn't even spot a low joint if you asked them :D I bet they had the time of their lives.
 #1233959  by Dick H

PAR is running the EDWJ/WJED train more often, although
I have not seen a fixed schedule. Just guessing, but perhaps
PAR and NECR are now interchanging at Brattleboro.
 #1234040  by newpylong

EDBF is the regular turn job. Runs to WJ as needed, but not as a separate job yet. There is also BF-1. They have office space on the GMRC property in the roundhouse.

Supposedly they are doing interchange with NECR at Bratt, wasn't supposed to happen though. Unsure if this is PAS and PAR traffic or just PAS.
 #1234383  by Plate C

For all the times I've headed up that way in MA I never knew about this location until several months ago. I took a drive up there to check it out one day, saw a nice old CV railcar but otherwise the tracks were empty. Based on what I'm reading above, should I give up on seeing any action here before I start?
 #1234423  by jaymac

Catching MF interchange action right now seems like a low-likelihood situation, but it seems also to have been only a stop-gap to solve shortages of power and crews aggravated by speedos. With the speedo situation north of East Deerfield getting solved, the old order of things is probably the new order of things.