Railroad Forums 

• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1554107  by johnpbarlow

Apparently the OCS is once again on a sight-seeing tour per postings on Pan Am Railfans Facebook page. It was reported bedded down at Rigby Yard at 5:13pm 10/5/20 after having traveled from Waterville. Not clear where OCS is headed from Rigby although one poster claims OCS is only touring D1.

Update at 1:30PM 10/6/20: OCS is heading west through Ballardvale MA. Don't know if it's a deadhead move or not and don't know its ultimate destination.
 #1554275  by johnpbarlow

Per two Pan Am FB pages, OCS wyed at Hoosick Jct 0n 10/7/20 to head east and picked up some riders at Sewer Plant Rd at around 1pm but didn't depart eastward until after 3pm. Apparently the OCS eastward trek was further delayed at Williamstown due to storm related fallen trees. Passed N Adams in early evening with track car ahead. Photo taken at Hoosick Falls (maybe) of ST100 shows a couple of MoW types (?) in orange vests and hard hats examining the track. Unknown if and where OCS ended its trip yesterday.
 #1554524  by MEC407

They're always short on crews. But I suppose it doesn't help the situation to have crews tied up with the window train or placing/removing political signs on overpasses... πŸ™„
 #1554588  by newpylong

A215 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:16 pm This train almost always is run by crews and not management.
You're right, my apologies. I looked into it more. It seems none of the current road foreman can run a 24RL brake without making flat spots so there are only two engineers (one who was the foreman when I was there) system wide who take it more times than not.
 #1554590  by MEC407

Helluva way to run a railroad πŸ˜‚
 #1555442  by A215

newpylong wrote: ↑Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:37 am You're right, my apologies. I looked into it more. It seems none of the current road foreman can run a 24RL brake without making flat spots so there are only two engineers (one who was the foreman when I was there) system wide who take it more times than not.
It's pretty much just the one engineer that runs it. The long time conductor left this year so they've been using randoms.