Railroad Forums 

• PAR Business Train (ST 100, 101, 102 & 103; PAR 1 & 2)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1496923  by MEC407

That's actually a P5 you're hearing. :-D I'm not sure exactly when they changed it, but PAR 1 has worn several different horns over the past few years. When PAR acquired the F's from CSR, it arrived on the property with its original M horn (CSR removed the K5 they'd been using). The M was removed not long thereafter (and placed on one of PAR's freight locos but I forget which one).
 #1508702  by ericofmaine

FWIW, I caught the Business Train NB through Auburn this morning, about 0945. The whole set was there.

Eric
 #1508791  by MEC407

I understand and agree with newpy's sentiment, but in the interest of fairness I'll add the following in the "for what it's worth" category:
Eagle Tribune wrote:GROVELAND - Sydney B. Culliford, a longtime resident of Groveland, passed away on February 13, 2019 at age 86 in his home with his family present.

Sydney was born in Medford, Massachusetts and attended Haverhill High School while living in West Newbury. Upon graduation from high school, Sydney served in the U.S. Army, receiving an honorable discharge at the rank of Corporal. After the Army, Sydney attended and graduated from Northeastern University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. It was during his time at Northeastern that Sydney was first introduced to railroading by interning at the Boston and Maine Railroad in the Engineering Department. Following college graduation, Sydney began a career with the railroad that would span over 50 years, eventually becoming Vice President of Transportation and serving as a member of the Board of Directors for Pan Am Railways until his retirement in 2014.
 #1509111  by gokeefe

Appreciate the update.

Interesting to wonder if further additions to the business train fleet may be forthcoming. I could see either a baggage car or a theater car for viewing track conditions.
 #1512052  by backroadrails

Pan Am brought the OCS up to Pittsfield this past week. Video by "Maine Railfan" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR4hCxD501s Video by "Branchline Geep Productions" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3JGllRFaIQ I don't have a camera, but I took a tour of the train on Thursday, it was a good little tour, and you were allowed to walk around the train.
 #1516584  by johnpbarlow

Safetee wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:07 pm ocs went westbound through charlemont around 11 this morning. it appeared to be staffed with suits and ties. it was really the most polished and slick looking from top to bottom that i have ever seen.
Per an Eastern RR News and Sightings Facebook page posting, many of the "suits and ties" on this westbound move were NS marketing and transportation personnel as well as Pan Am officials presumably inspecting PAS. Also reports suggest the OCS is resting at E Deerfield over the weekend to be used for another mission next week. Interestingly upon the conclusion of the westbound trip to Mechanicville, rather than wye the whole train, the PAR 1 and PAR 2 ran around the consist so PAR 2 became the leader (apparently a rare event). Thus the business car remains on the east end of the consist, suggesting next week's trip out of E Deerfield will be heading west again along D3 or north or south on the Conn River line.