Railroad Forums 

• Hoosick Junction Signals

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1525462  by newpylong

Okay cool that's what I remember. There was a blocking device that they had to first apply when verifying the track was clear before issuing that second Form D. The areas I worked where we needed paper (Rotterdam Branch, Worcester Main, Conn River North (before rebuild) we very rarely had enough traffic to warrant any of it. The only exception was on the Worcester Main we would get very very rarely get paper to Clinton and go in the hole for a meet.
 #1525490  by 690

There may still be blocking devices involved, I'm not very familiar with their side of it. That's kind of the nice thing about most of D2/D3, you don't really have to deal with Form Ds, versus D1, which is mostly DCS still. I don't mind taking Form Ds, but signals are a lot less of a hassle in my opinion.
 #1525615  by 690

Also a plus, until the usual code failures happen, and you have to handthrow them anyway!
 #1525680  by newpylong

I mean the hand throws, knowing you're not coming around a corner at 40 and some clown tampered with the switch! Taking switches off power is the worst. Especially when the interlocking is like a 1/4 mile long lol.