• Pan am plow Roster.

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by bm1838

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me complete more information on a roster I am doing of the B&M/MEC plows. Looking for information on what happened the MEC plows 71, 72, 75,and 79. Also looking for information on what the B&M spreaders were and if they got scrapped or sold. Was there a B&M 2744 or 2747 plow? 3733, 3734, 3736? 3741?

I have everything in an excel file I can post or email.

Cory
  by EDFLD Bill

The MEC 79 was scrapped at EDFLD. IIRC, it should have been in the early 2000's..
  by Lmiller

Was a plow extra in Gardner earlier this week, stopped for a moment at the platform, B&M 3700 unit leading and a 2700 trailing. Couldn't get a pic because I was on the phone at the time, they were headed west toward E. Deerfield !
  by oibu

71 and 72 long gone, became NYSW 91 and 92 in 1983

there is an ex B&M spreader (long o/s) in Norwich NY on NYSW- 3592 or 3592 I believe

I had always thought the modern-era NYS&W spreader was the one the "old" NYS&W had gotten from the Lehigh Valley, but while I can't confirm I have more recently heard/seen suggestion that the current NYSW E-1045 spreader was in fact a second B&M unit acquired by NYSW in the early 80s (along with the one in Norwich). IIRC B&M had around 5-6 Jordans in total.

IIRC, if you haven't seen it on the B&M yahoo group several years back someone had put together a more or less complete roster of all B&M plows with dispositions. It may still be available there.

Yes there was a 3733- steel double track Russell, a 3741 steel double track Russell (newer version with larger "3-window" cab) which was blue in the 70s, and 3736 single-track steel Russell, 3-window cab, also blue in the 70s era. Probably a 3734 as well, but I can't confirm.

If you can post here, it would be great to see what you've got.