Railroad Forums 

• Largest NE Bridge Steel Fabricator to Begin Shipping by Rail

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1384124  by gokeefe

Worth noting:
Re: Gardner Gawking
Postby jaymac » Mon May 09, 2016 7:28 am

First, thanks to Jacob Mayo's Yahoo # 140395 http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ettma.html alert that bridge and track work near Wachusett would result in a 0700/05-09-2016 to 0700/05-10-2016 FML closure.
The alert prompted an earlier-than-normal departure, resulting in the vision of 3 EB points of white light coming round the Wachusett curve, POED with NewBlue 618 and OldYeller LTEX 8955 getting 46 east of the still-dark new signal structure at 0516. 21 of the cars -- in various blocks -- were TTX flats and centerbeams of structural steel.
Looks to me as if the shipments have started in earnest.
 #1384178  by BostonUrbEx

KSmitty wrote:
gokeefe wrote:I didn't think POED picked up local traffic .... (?)
POED does whatever they need it to. Lawrence, Chelmsford, Ayer, Fitchburg or Gardner. There is no such thing as a road freight on this railroad...
And don't forgot Lowell and Dover. :wink:
 #1384238  by jaymac

My big bad for causing confusion by not keyboarding better and editing better when I prepped my original post. IT was EDPO and not the other way around, so those were EB steel loads.
Again, apologies all around.
 #1384328  by KSmitty

Mikejf wrote:Can not be certain these came from Portland...I thought they had a lot of work to do before they were ready to ship.
Gaggles of work. I don't even know if you could get a rail car onto the Broadway facility's campus right now, and they want to be bringing cars into the building...
May have come from their site on the Saco Industrial track, but thats nothing new.