Railroad Forums 

• ED495

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1330016  by riffian

Does this train (or something similar) still run on a regular basis?
 #1330017  by newpylong

No. EDPO takes local traffic as needed. They'll also run a 495 extra as needed.
 #1330019  by riffian

Thanks for the quick response. Is EDPO blocked at East Deerfield for setouts, West to East, or do they have to dig them out as they go?
 #1330086  by BostonUrbEx

riffian wrote:Thanks for the quick response. Is EDPO blocked at East Deerfield for setouts, West to East, or do they have to dig them out as they go?
East Deerfield is a classification yard, so by it's very nature, every train should come out blocked.
 #1331259  by WN&P

I remember when I used to live in Nashua occasionally ECTs would tack on 495ED - or guess back then it might have still been the NAED - cars southbound. I'm assuming that doesn't happen often, if at all, as it is probably kind of a no-no on contracted unit trains?