Railroad Forums 

• B&M Gawking (District 2 Sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1368468  by johnpbarlow

newpylong wrote:Poland springs trains "kind of" starting this weekend. Fri-sat-sun POSE will have 9 spines of water to be unloaded in Ayer.
It will be interesting to see how PAR will find the necessary elbow room in the Hill Yard intermodal tracks to deal with 9 spine cars (BTW, is this 3 wells per spine car or 3x9 wells?) given 22K/23K capacity consumption in the yard.
 #1368477  by johnpbarlow

WN&P wrote:Is having poland springs loads on the Selkirk set something that is ok with the the CSX haulage agreement?
I think so - I have seen SEPO make block set-out and pick up at Hill Yard so I assume POSE can drop a block of Ayer bound cars at Hill Yard.
 #1368527  by MaineCentral252

Where are the Poland Spring loads originating from for right now? Portland makes sense from a railroad efficiency perspective, but I'm thinking about the routing of truck traffic going into Portland for loading onto the trains. I can't speak so much for other locations but a huge amount of truck traffic currently travels to the turnpike from the Hollis plant via rt. 117-202-112, a route set up for heavy truck traffic. I suppose trucks could get to Portland via I-295 unless there is a better routing
 #1369549  by MEC407

Photo by John Burke:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=564154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1369633  by BostonUrbEx

BostonUrbEx wrote:Don't know where else to put this: there's a boxcar hanging at Boston Paperboard just off of the Yard 10 Lead. LW 9180.
It has been a month, but does anyone know if the car is still there? Does Boston Paperboard ship material out or receive it in?
 #1375474  by WN&P

SEPO through Durham just after 5:00 Pm this afternoon. DOBO left dover on the heels of the last southbound amtrak at 8:20 pm
 #1388725  by MEC407

Photo by Gary Knapp of a clean pair of 600s passing the Kennebunk station at night:

https://neverhomeboy.smugmug.com/Pan-Am ... -P28xH9Z/A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(not sure why it's labeled Pan Am Southern)