Railroad Forums 

• AAPRCO "Pine Tree Limited"

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1294570  by rovetherr

Here is my video from Pownal curve, it isn't the greatest since it's hand-held. I have a few other locations but the sound is terrible so I need to do a bit of editing before I upload them.

http://youtu.be/-W4ZdJkTZso
 #1294587  by hh660

I have a question about the dining car for the PTL train. Apparently there is a dining car as part of the consist, how do the riders get to it? Do they go through each others cars. or do they stop, get out and walk to the car at meal times?
I understand that most of the cars have self contained living arrangements, but how does the dining car fit in?
S
 #1294678  by Backshophoss

To reach the Diner,passengers walk thru the other cars,some cars have tiny"Kitchenettes"that you can make simple meals in
the car. (Tiny as a 707 galley) :wink:
 #1294860  by Sprinter611

The train was into Beacon park yard at 11:25am it ran a little early, but that puts the train onto the Grand Junction around 10:45am
 #1295248  by eastwind

Backshophoss wrote:To reach the Diner,passengers walk thru the other cars,some cars have tiny"Kitchenettes"that you can make simple meals in
the car. (Tiny as a 707 galley) :wink:
Which car was the diner?
 #1296046  by markhb

I saw an ad this evening; Bill Green apparently got a ride on the Pine Tree Limited and it'll be shown on Bill Green's Maine this Saturday night on Channel 6 in Portland (and probably Channel 2 in Bangor as well).