• Pan Am Service to Saratoga Springs?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by CN9634

Something vague has emerged from PARs website...

http://www.panamrailways.com/PDF/offtotheraces.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone have an idea about this? I've heard nothing. Perhaps has something to do with Saratoga & North Creek?
Last edited by CN9634 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by pnolette

A few years back they used to run a train from East Deerfield to Saratoga Springs.AN EDSS-SSED I believe.Maybe its coming back?
  by gokeefe

Ok....what's the background here?
  by B&M 1227

i've heard mohawk has been a wreck lately with both pan am and cp having trouble with the interchange. i've also heard talk of cp consolidating operations at saratoga and binghamton, so it may make more sense to interchange in the larger saratoga yard. at the very least it looks like par is bolstering their interchange efforts.
  by newpylong

I will do some digging but I wouldn't read into it too much. Pan Am is now blocking cars for Saratoga again and they got Quadragraphics back in Saratoga. They used to send loaded paper cars from Maine there via CP but that hasn't happened in a while. This could just be marketing for improved indirect service.
  by gokeefe

Thanks! Great to see even more online traffic coming back. Really and truly though they need a trackwork program to go along with it.
  by pnolette

atholrail wrote:Was EDSR/SRED...

Thanks atholrail.Was thinking to many S's!
  by CN9634

Some discussion on the D&H sale in the CP forum about a new interchange at Saratoga Springs. Perhaps this is what that is?
  by newpylong

No this was marketing fluff about cars from Maine going to Quad/Graphics again.

If the (old) interchange goes back to Saratoga for CP it will be due to the D&H sale.
  by MEC343

Online business has come back and new business has come online because the marketing department has done a very good job the last couple of years. There's at least 4 new businesses in the Rigby area in the past 3 years alone. Now if only the track department would get its act together.
  by 690

MEC343 wrote:Now if only the track department would get its act together.
They're doing what they can.