• East Deerfield Gawking

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by GU1001

Standing on the Greenfield Rd bike bridge, looking west towards the Conn River bridge, I can see 3 covered hoppers on their sides. Not on the main, but on the Montague industrial(?). Looks fresh. There are workers around looking at the mess & I can hear activity around the bend that sound like rerailing-creaking wood & at least 1 engine.
Anyone have any more info? What train? When?
  by Safetee

Those must be the new side dump ballast cars that they are experimenting with.
  by RenegadeMonster

Returned to my home town to visit Family over the weekend and got to stop by East Deerfield and see the yard.

I also took a walk on the rail trail / bike path starting at East Deerfield and headed north towards Turners. What row as that trail originally? The B&M or the New Haven? Loved crossing the Connecticut River over the 1880 Rail Bridge.
  by newpylong

Originally New Haven but then B&M once their bridge washed out. The original B&M turner's branch stub is now the WTE Recycling "upper" track across the bridge from Deerfield.