Railroad Forums 

• NS Heritage Units on Pan Am Railways

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1077011  by MEC407

NS 8100 (Nickel Plate Road heritage unit) may be coming to New Hampshire.

Re-posted with permission from the original author:

Subject: NKP 8100 Coming to New Hampshire ;-)
Date: August 28, 2012 8:25:50 PM EDT

Folks – IF all goes as planned, there will be a 532 coal train originating on NS’ Monongahela territory with the NKP (NS) 8100 slated to lead the train. This is a Bow, New Hampshire-bound coal train that is supposed to originate in the next 48 hours off the MGA. I will update when it is on the move, but again, if all goes well, here comes the first New England-bound heritage.
 #1077475  by djlong

I can get some good shots of it coming up alongside the Merrimack River in Nashua (I live practically on the other bank) if I could get an idea of when it will be coming through town.
 #1078296  by MEC407

Nice shot! Thanks for posting it.
 #1079003  by jaymac

Sorry, folks to the west, but NKP 8100 was the trailer when NS stablemates 9322 and 2776 brought the ECT to a halt for a tie-down recrew on 2 at Wachusett at 0911 on 09-04-2012.
Sorry, folks to the east, but this means no shots of the 8100 working NA-1.
 #1080142  by MEC407

I changed the title of this thread so we can use it whenever an NS heritage unit makes its way to Pan Am rails.

NS 8025 (Monongahela) is supposed to be on this Sunday's MOAY, according to Kevin Burkholder.