Railroad Forums 

• Portsmouth Branch Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1549843  by gokeefe

Good to hear. I've called in a grade crossing malfunction a couple of times and it was always taken care of by the next day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#1549844  by Jonathan603

Nice to see they took care of it so quickly considering the track has not been used in many years! I wonder how long before they will use the section past Paterson lane to run-around. Would love to see that.
 #1549938  by b&m 1566

I haven't followed the progress on Sea-3's expansion, is that still in the works or is it up and running? I thought when that expansion was fully functioning, that's when trains would be using the run around north of Patterson Lane.
 #1549962  by MECFAN

The expansion has been done about a year now but they did not re-hab the tracks past Paterson Lane. Traffic has increased but has been slower this summer. There's quite a few propane cars out at Rockingham right now so maybe traffic will pickup going into fall. They were supposed to be doing 16 cars a day when this project was first proposed we'll see if that ever happens.
 #1549986  by Jonathan603

They cleared the brush past Sea-3 and Patterson lane around November 2018 I believe. In January 2019 I they replaced the railroad crossing signs there with new ones... although they did this all the way up the branch line to Rockingham as well so that doesn't indicate much. Those are the only indications they may do something... so far nothing though!
 #1550012  by MECFAN

DO-1 316/330 canned inbound at the Highliner switch with 1 Boise and about a dozen propane cars. Crew on duty at 17:00 I believe.
 #1550039  by MECFAN

I haven't seen any reefers lately but I don't get trackside as much as I'm working April - November. But the rails were shined up on the Highliner spur not that long ago so maybe they got a car.
 #1550101  by MECFAN

D0-1 316 / 330 canned at the Highliner switch with 2 Boise, 1 tank and 3 Tyco's at 11:00 A.M.
They worked Boise and Sea-3 last night and must have gone back out to Rockinham with the empties and picked these cars up.
 #1550134  by MECFAN

Nice video's Jonathan they should probably be on the train by 6 tonight. To bad they didn't put in crossing protection in at Green street so they didn't have to stop and protect the crossing.
 #1550167  by Hux

New crossing is certainly photogenic, especially with a long (for the branch) train passing.
 #1550213  by Jonathan603

Thanks MECFAN.

Yes a shame they have to flag green street since they only recently did work there (maybe a year or two ago?).

Yes the new crossing is photogenic. There is a little room to pull off there but if anyone is thinking of taking photos you can park easily in the far corner of the Jackson Grey Medical Building and its no more than a few steps across the grass to access the crossing and take photos :-)
 #1550232  by NHV 669

Two units on the run, including the infamous "Guilford Fail System" 330, and a guy sprinting down the RoW on his bike? Excellent capture.