Railroad Forums 

• port of palm beach

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1023995  by franckcombe

Hi,

I wish to reproduce at ho scale the port of palm beach. I would like to know if anyone has photos of the port. It's nearly impossible to have it because of the protection against terrorism.
 #1053665  by Jeff Smith

http://www.forconstructionpros.com/pres ... palm-beach
South Florida Materials’ first delivery of liquid asphalt by railcar arrived at the Port of Palm Beach at the end of May.

The newly built infrastructure can accommodate eight railcars at a time and connects to 600 feet of rail-side pipeline for offloading to South Florida Material’s heated storage tanks, which hold 200,000 barrels of asphalt.

A unit of Vecenergy, the Vecellio Group’s energy division, South Florida Materials can also receive asphalt by tanker ship docked at the Port. Adding railcar facilities provided the terminal with an additional source of supply.
 #1306079  by BR&P

Pardon the necroposting (bringing back a thread which is long dead) but.....

what time frame are you looking for? I was fortunate enough to be offered a ride on the PPBT in May 1972 while I was in Florida on my honeymoon. No security issues at all back then, and I spent the morning happily riding along as the crew did their switching. At one point Bud Bishop, the honcho, asked "Did you ever run an engine?" I said although I did have railroad experience, none was at the throttle. He sat me down, showed me the controls, and for maybe 20 minutes I was the engineer. We shoved cars out onto a pier, including a flat car with an earthmover on it. Then we took outbounds to the FEC interchange and left them there.

The marriage did not last but my memories and some pics of that morning did!