Railroad Forums 

• 2011 Toys for Tots SPECIAL TRAIN

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#996286  by Noel Weaver

The 2011 Toys for Tots special runs south tomorrow, Saturday, December 10th, it will have 714 all decked out in neat new paint. I dare say it is probably the best looking diesel electric locomotive in North America today. Following is the schedule:

Jacksonville: Gran Bay Parkway Crossing 7:45 AM
>> St. Augustine: Sebastian Way Crossing 8:45 AM
>> New Smyrna Beach: North End NSB Rail Yard 10:35 AM
>> City Point (Cocoa): Beau Geste Crossing 11:45 AM
>> Fort Pierce: Orange Avenue Crossing 1:35 PM
>> West Palm Beach: 3rd Street Crossing 3:10 PM
>> Ft. Lauderdale SW 17th Street Crossing 4:20 PM
>> North Miami: NE 87th Street Crossing 5:10 PM

Anybody in the area is welcomed to photograph this train provided it is from public property, it is not a good idea to trespass on railroad property to get a picture of this or any other train. I have seen pictures of this locomotive and it is stunning to say the least. I have not heard what will be used as the second locomotive or even if there will be a second locomotive. The 714 is just out of the New Symrna Beach Shop after a heavy repair and of course new paint. No blue paint on this one.
Noel Weaver