Railroad Forums 

• Trackage spurs/yards around FLL airport

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#686735  by carajul

In the NE corner of FLL airport the 4 track FEC main has a single track spur that comes off it. It heads east and ducks under Rt 1. Then at Ellen Dr/NE7 st it is abandoned just after the xing.

Doing some exploring on the live.com maps, it looks like there is quite an extensive netowrk of tracks, small yards, and spurs come off that track. But they are all abandoned looking. Some spurs just go off into farm fields, some are around oil tanks.

Can anyone give me info on this track plz.
 #686823  by Noel Weaver

This trackage serves Port Everglades and is semi active. I don't know just how much use it is getting at present. I have
seen cars stored in this area from time to time.
Noel Weaver
 #686923  by carajul

The track is rusted black, has no ballast left, and there are dwarf palm trees 2' high growing between the rails in numerous locations. I don't think it sees much use at all.