Railroad Forums 

• best places for action

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#570079  by kitty12345

Mods note: edited for content. This is a railroad site, and the question is a railroad related question. Please refrain from "selling" your services in our forum.

Re:

#570203  by Noel Weaver

brickbuilder711 wrote:
Noel Weaver wrote:Right after 6:00 PM is pretty good around Fort Lauderdale. Two north-
bounds 218 out of Fort Lauderdale and 222 out of Hialeah as well as 292
out of Medley usually run through this area between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM
as well as 109 and 101 southbound for Hialeah.
The bridge gives you a good warning on approaching trains.
As a reminder, stay off railroad property and you should have no
problems. Food, shelter and rest rooms are also close by.
Noel Weaver
And the 101 usually has a bonus-- New locomotives!
I need to amend this one as business is down.
Train 222 usually passes through Fort Lauderdale northbound around 5:00 PM give or take a bit.
Train 292 is usually behind 222 but only runs on Monday and Wednesday with the rock.
Train 218 usually departs from Fort Lauderdale about 6:00 PM.
Train 101 usually shows up around 8:00 PM or maybe a little after but sometimes on Monday it does not run and on
Friday it runs later by at least an hour and maybe more.
The SD-70's are more often on 107 than 101 these days. They are at present running together again and usually go back
north on 202 in the morning.
All of the above is subject to change without notice.
Noel Weaver
 #570316  by brickbuilder711

Noel Weaver wrote:
brickbuilder711 wrote:
Noel Weaver wrote:Right after 6:00 PM is pretty good around Fort Lauderdale. Two north-
bounds 218 out of Fort Lauderdale and 222 out of Hialeah as well as 292
out of Medley usually run through this area between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM
as well as 109 and 101 southbound for Hialeah.
The bridge gives you a good warning on approaching trains.
As a reminder, stay off railroad property and you should have no
problems. Food, shelter and rest rooms are also close by.
Noel Weaver
And the 101 usually has a bonus-- New locomotives!
I need to amend this one as business is down.
Train 222 usually passes through Fort Lauderdale northbound around 5:00 PM give or take a bit.
Train 292 is usually behind 222 but only runs on Monday and Wednesday with the rock.
Train 218 usually departs from Fort Lauderdale about 6:00 PM.
Train 101 usually shows up around 8:00 PM or maybe a little after but sometimes on Monday it does not run and on
Friday it runs later by at least an hour and maybe more.
The SD-70's are more often on 107 than 101 these days. They are at present running together again and usually go back
north on 202 in the morning.
All of the above is subject to change without notice.
Noel Weaver
I can see that things have changed widely on the FEC! I have also noticed in some instances the SD70M-2's on 222. However, I heard that business can be back up soon. 290 was only revived recently, as of 6/26/08 according to the FECRS site. I believe that if you are at New River, you can catch 222, then 290, then 218. :-)
 #570344  by Noel Weaver

Train 290 runs only on Monday and Wednesday so only on those two days can you catch all three of them at the New River
Bridge or anywhere else in Fort Lauderdale.
As for the SD-70's northbound, 222 sometimes gets them on weekends but generally during the week they go on 202 in the
morning if it runs and 208 if 202 does not run. Train 107 seems to be the regular southbound train for them these days.
Noel Weaver