Railroad Forums 

• New Website & Logo

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1489017  by Jadebenn

In a complete (but fortuitous) happenstance, I accidentally clicked a link in a railway article that brought me to the FEC Railway's website, only to find it looking very different from what it used to. The most noticeable change is the logo. The old FEC "hurricane" is nowhere to be found. Instead it's replaced by the letters FEC stylized as to resemble a moving train wheel. I must admit, as partial as I am to the history of the old logo, I find the new one much more visually appealing.

Since the forum's not letting me embed pictures for some reason, I'll link the two below.
The old logo.
The new logo.

Is this perhaps the beginnings of a rebrand of the FEC?
 #1506457  by Tadman

Woof, nothing like throwing away a logo that has meant the same thing for 40 years in favor of a logo that looks like it came from a random company in a random part of the country. I'm sure some creative firm made quite a nice sum of money frothing this up.

Reminds me of how ridiculous the CSX "boxcar" logo looks. You mean it's a train company? Is that what the boxcar means? Couldn't tell from the 70 foot long train it's painted on...