Railroad Forums 

• CSX Mountain Sub Oakland MD freqs

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1030738  by deepcrk06

I am trying to set up my scanner for CSX activity on the mountain sub in Oakland MD (old main line from Cumberland MD to Grafton WV)

I am at milepost 232.7 and I found the defect detector on scanner - but would like to hear other traffic as well and was wondering if
anyone has the freqs for the MOW crew out of Mountain Lake \ Oakland MD and what freqs BB or Grafton Dispatch would be using as
well as train freqs - I guess any freq that they might use in this area would be a help.

I am a couple of stone throws from the defect detector at mile post 232.7 and can see the trains from my back porch, just wish
I could hear any traffic from them as well.

Thanks in advance all.
Bill

[email protected]
 #1031136  by supernova1972

Well if you have the defect detector you are on the road channel and any trains and track crews will have radios on that same frequency. Not sure if MOW has a different frequency they use by themselves but they will have the road channel on so crews can contact the employee in charge.