Railroad Forums 

• CSX on the New Haven Line (Metro North)

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1022456  by gregorygrice

Don't know if this question has been answered and yes I know there is no set schedule, but does anyone know what days and times are best for cathing CSX at New Haven? I know it's mostly seen coming from Cedar Hill during the day.
 #1023751  by CSX Conductor

I'm not sure when B747 goes to Milford nowadays because Industrial 5 is being wired and there are several track cars there during the day. Perhaps the customers along Industrial 5 are being serviced at night.
 #1023947  by freightguy

Catch them going to C&D costumer sometimes on Sun through New Haven Union maybe 830/9 am. Have seen them at night also with the second trick local through there also. Wiring track 5 for future use of West Haven Station I beleive. The CSX local will call Central Dist "G" when they pop onto Metro North giving you a heads up.
 #1033559  by rb

The switch to the paper warehouse in West Haven has been removed...I have to wonder whether the connection will be re-established once construction on the station wraps up.
 #1354411  by rb

This thread has been quiet for a while, but it appears that the lumber facility adjacent to the brick facility in Bridgeport is now receiving cars. On Friday, there were 3 boxcars on the brick spur and an empty centerbeam on the adjacent lumber spur. Or so it appeared.