Railroad Forums 

• CSX Bringing Covered Hoppers to Chelsea?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1052295  by GaryAF

I followed my curiosity on the possible barge-rail cement connection.

Unfortunately, Google shows that the rail connection to the LaFarge silos (285 Medford Street in Charleston) is decidedly
disconnected.

Google shows tracks adjacent to the Coast Cement silos in South Boston (Drydock Avenue) but not to them. And the
discussion on Boston Waterfront Industrial Track Reactivation indicates no heavy cars would be able to get to or from the silos.

BTW, what's with the pink buildings and the blackouts on the Google street view?

I haven't looked further than Boston for a barge connection....

I'm always astonished at how much time my curiosity can absorb.

Gary
 #1052820  by GaryAF

I got it on Google - thank you!

Everett Terminal
202 Rover St.
Everett, MA 02149
UNITED STATES

Just out of curiosity, what is that ugly, green puddle just west of the silos?
Waste water? High tide seepage? If that is a drying pan, I'm never
touching sea salt again!!

That's a pretty neat industrial area down there. Any access for fanning?
I guess photos would be a no-no, what with the LNG and all...
(Though I'll probably never get down there.)

King Arthur's Lounge?
 #1053249  by FatNoah

There isn't a whole lot of railfan access in that area. Beecham Street can also murder your car if you don't pay attention to the road surface. The fumes can also be distracting. For a laugh, check out the reviews of the King Arthur lounge on yelp.
 #1057771  by consist

The cement cars are not being scrapped. I see the same ones back and forth through Framingham regularly. Some of them are easy to ID as repeat customers by the graffiti on the side.