Railroad Forums 

• Bull Sheet

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#720175  by Trainman101

Ok, i'm trying to catch some of csx action in mansfield, ma and be one of those cool guys who take photos of trains. So i found this site http://www.bullsheet.com/news/freights.html so ive tried following the schedule but i havent seen squat. Are there anyh other sites that have schedulaes? How good is this bull sheet? Is it updated often? Whats the scoop with the bull sheet?
 #720228  by crblue

The bullsheet just lists rough approximations of around what time of day you might be able to expect to see a given train, CSX doesn't exactly run on a set schedule and anything happening along the line from day to day can be a determining factor in how early or how late a train will show up. The site is not updated as often as it used to be and some of the content on there is a bit outdated but IMHO, it's still one of the best online reference points for looking up trains ID's and the like.
 #720314  by diburning

You said you were at Mansfield. Are you trying to railfan the NEC? If so, Amtrak may hold freights to let MBTA and Amtrak trains through.

Also, keep in mind that the trains may not run every day, and you were there on a day when they weren't running. Some trains may be run-as-directed (when they have cars for that train) so if they had no cars for that train, then you wouldn't see anything.
 #720369  by EMTRailfan

Trainman101 wrote:Ok, i'm trying to catch some of csx action in mansfield, ma and be one of those cool guys who take photos of trains. So i found this site http://www.bullsheet.com/news/freights.html so ive tried following the schedule but i havent seen squat. Are there anyh other sites that have schedulaes? How good is this bull sheet? Is it updated often? Whats the scoop with the bull sheet?
I think that the other 2 posters answered, but I wanted to point that I saw a post somewhere that the Bullsheet will be ending in the near future, unless someone wants to take it over. I don't remember where I saw it, but I'll try to look and post back.
 #720389  by sd80mac

EMTRailfan wrote:... that the Bullsheet will be ending in the near future,

It was gone, but it's back online now.
 #734289  by sd80mac

sd80mac wrote:It was gone, but it's back online now.

And... IT'S GONE AGAIN! unless it was moved to another link...

I was looking for it to check on one train's schedule. it's not there. aarghhh!
 #734999  by sd80mac

sd80mac wrote:And... IT'S GONE AGAIN! unless it was moved to another link...

I was looking for it to check on one train's schedule. it's not there. aarghhh!
Hello again!

I spoke too early and someone posted a message in yahoo group that Bullsheet was moved to another server, just like I had thought...

here's the link.

http://www.georgiarailfan.net/csxtrains/freights.html
 #785739  by PEIR

I thought the Bullsheet was gone along time ago. I'm glad to see someone took it over.
 #1009686  by atsf sp

Has anyone had troubles lately with the bullsheet? I could get to the roster menu off a link I have but cant access any of the specific loco type links or get back to the main page.
 #1009704  by charlie6017

It's evidently down right now; the owner has scaled back on it for some time now.

I'm guessing if it doesn't come back, perhaps it is no longer, but I don't know.

Charlie